2. Lets checkout your study speed and creativity. Fun!
Let's start with pretesting. Set aside a full 30 minutes for this lecture.
BEFORE YOU START YOU'LL NEED YOUR COURSE MATERIALS JUST MENTIONED IN LECTURE 1 READY?:
- Ring binder
- Several highlighters: at least 4
- A novel: light reading matter - not a magazine or newspaper article - not read before
- A textbook: containing factual material you'd like to study - also preferably not read before
- The printed TST Manual PDF you just downloaded. The download link is for you again, below.
Now let's begin!
After a minute or two you will be asked to study your textbook "the way you normally study." Please don't skip this exercise! Leave the video streaming while you do your study, and ignore the visual content (I'm told it's distracting). I am deliberately not telling you for how long you will be studying. Its not a waste of time!
If you need to take notes as you go, use page 3. "A. Study Notes."
Record the results the way I show you in page 2 of your manual, "INITIAL AND FINAL TESTING."
Its fun. Allow 27 minutes for the whole video, including the time you spend studying.
Now let the video run until the audio starts again and I ask you to stop.
WELL DONE on getting this far. That ends MISSION 1, so pop a comment below telling me. And add any other thoughts on your mind before going on to the discussion of what you just saw.